Y Ty, Bat Xat
Y Ty, Bat Xat

Bat Xat - Lao Cai

Bat Xat District of Lao Cai Province is located to the north-west of Lao Cai City; bordered by China to the north-east, north and north-west; to the west and south-west by Lai Chau Province; to the south by Sapa and to the south-west by Lao Cai City.

Bat Xat has a terrain dissected by high mountains, rivers, ravines and narrow valleys; 77% of which is on highGolden rice terraces at Y Ty, Bat Xat altitudes ranging from 400m to 3096m above sea level and the rest (23%) is on low altitudes from 90m to 400m above sea level. The average temperatures at a time are very different in the high altitude areas and the low-altitude areas given they all share a similar weather pattern.

Bat Xat is home to quite a number of ethnic minorities of which the most often seen are Hmong, Ha Nhi, Giay, Red Dao.  Local ethnic groups have a big gathering at Muong Hum Market each Sunday morning which is a great occasion for you to learn about the local way of life.

Due to the terrain condition, roads in Bat Xat are normally bad again and again after each rainy season. Traveling to Bat Xat is not that easy and most travelers do not make trips here. And most people do not know that this is the very charm that must be explored...

Travel and toursGreen rice rice terraces at Bat Xat
Paradissa organizes photography tours to Bat Xat when the terraces are flooded ready for rice transplanting, and when the rice ripens which makes the mountain slopes turn into golden colors. If you could embark on a photo adventure with us, then every moment of yours counts and you'll wonderful memories for the rest of your life...

Besides, the land has a great potential for adventure tours such as trekking, mountain climbing, mountain-biking and motorbike tours. It's just that tourist facilities are in its infancy and some areas still require permits to visit that keep tourism from advancing further.

Accommodation
There are simple guest houses in Bat Xat Township and Muong Hum. Homestay is available at Muong Hum and Y Ty.

Green rice terraces at Y Ty, Bat Xat, Lao Cai
Green rice terraces at Y Ty, Bat Xat, Lao Cai

How to get there
You can travel to Bat Xat by motorbike or by 4 wheel drive. The district capital township is 25km from Lao Cai City, Y Ty is 80km from Lao Cai and 70km from Sapa; Muong Hum is 45km from Lao Cai.

 

Golden rice terraces at Den Sang, Bat Xat
Golden rice terraces at Den Sang, Bat Xat

 

 

Captivating rice terraces at Den Sang, Bat Xat
Captivating rice terraces at Den Sang, Bat Xat

 

 

Golden rice terraces at Y Ty, Bat Xat
Golden rice terraces at Y Ty, Bat Xat

 

Stunning view while climbing Mount Bach Moc Luong Tu
Stunning view while climbing Mount Bach Moc Luong Tu (3046m above sea level)

 

 

View of Lao Than Mountain from Nui Muoi near Bach Moc Luong Tu Peak
View of Lao Than Mountain (2860m) from Nui Muoi (2100m) near Bach Moc Luong Tu Peak (3046m)